Saturday, December 1, 2012

In Store Now ... Hand sewn linen cushion covers

These are just the sweetest cushion covers or pillow shams that I found in a market stall in Porte de Vanves.  The hand sewn thread work is just so well done, and also as it came from an attic sale, you can tell these would have been turn of the last century.




I must admit when I bought them I thought they were folded lengths of embroidered antique linens with some drawn-thread work.




When I got them home, on closer inspection, I can see they are the most delightful cushion covers.  All hand sewn - included the tiny button holes.  What a lost art that is!  To delicately and oh so neatly sew these for tiny buttons.



I have six of these in store now.  They are a large size and measure 68 cms across including the flange, and would fit a 55cm x 55cm sized cushion insert.


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments and feedback, thanks for taking the time to respond!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...